How to do
To transfer site with Pure template you should not do some specific thing. Here is simple scheme of transfer to new domain or when site server folder is changed.
- Using any available tool for MySQL make .sql file with all data from your database. For example, you can use MySQL Workbench. Pay your attention Pure template create SQL functions. You should save such function too in your .sql file.
- Open created .sql file with any text editor. For example, Nodepad ++.
- Change all “http://olddomain.net” to “http://newdomain.net”.
- If you are changing folder of site on server (or renaming it) – change all “old_site_folder” to “new_site_folder”.
- Save your .sql file.
- Copy all files from your site to new place. We strongly recommend do not copy such files like [web.config] on IIS and [host.access] on Apache.
- On new place using any available tool for MySQL import data from your .sql (from step 1) to your new database.
- Do not forget, if you change database name or database authorization data, you should make changes in your [wp-config.php] and define there updated values.
- Some WordPress plugins saves data in table [wp-options] as serialized text (it’s variable in text format). Unfortunately, if such variable has some text with old domain name (or old path to site folder), after replacing text (in steps 3 and 4) such text will not be parsed by PHP correctly. In such situation, you should check all changes manually.